Saturday, April 25, 2009

Oh, Boyle

Or... Boyle vey?

All the media frenzy over Scottish chanteuse sensation Susan Boyle has mostly been focused on one aspect of her being: her looks. And only because she doesn't have the "celebrity" look.

I am really not so happy at a hypocritical (I suddenly am in doubt of my spelling...) mass media that appears to be condemning (or at the very least, gently rebuffing) those who criticize Boyle's appearance while fixating on it itself. Am I the only one who gets how wrong that is? It's a little bit like saying, "If you look at that wall over there, you're a bad person."

Royt.

It just goes to show, I guess, that people still can't get past appearances. I mean, that's really pathetic. What is this obsession with how somebody looks? I've never heard her sing, myself, but she seems to have quite a bit of talent. Can't we focus on that? If I have to hear one more time about how "different" she looks, I'm going to go back to reading stories about Obama's dog.

1 comment:

Eviville said...

What are we going to do when we won't see eachother on a regular basis??? I will miss you terribly.