Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Decision No-Hate '08: Special Tuesday Edition

I'm sitting here at the best election-night party ever, and we're having a great deal of fun filling in the electoral college map state by state. So far, it's overwhelmingly blue-- it's amazing.

I'm also just thinking that I don't ever want this feeling to go away.

An Obama victory is within grasp! The results are just coming in for Virginia, North Carolina, Florida, and Ohio, and Obama's won most of them so far. Actually, it feels a little bit like watching your beloved little child ride his bike for the first time. My boy's doing it... he's doing it!

This won't be a very involved post, but I just thought I should commemorate the most important Election Day of recent history with a special Tuesday post. Let's be honest-- it'll take a miracle for McCain to win at this point (knocking on wood). Anyway, this feeling of hope-- whether or not it will soon prove false-- has really, for me, validated the frustrating experience of missing the voting age restriction by exactly two months. Maybe good sense can prevail in the modern republic....

No comments: